Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words To Live By

Today's photo topic was "words".
My day was completely full of words.
Textbooks, writing case notes, taking lecture notes, following the traffic signs...
but none of them felt like the write words for my picture.
Then, as I was reading along with the JV Youth weekly Bible plan I found them.
 This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible.
And, if I were to use one passage to describe the past year of my life, 
it would be these.
Proverbs 3: 5-6.
There were so many times that I was unsure of the future.
Or unsure of how things were going to work out.
Or if they were even going to work out.
And this scripture is what I would instantly think of, and be comforted by.

The interesting thing about this verse is that I sometimes want to hurry up and skip to the end.
The part where my paths are straight and everything is perfect.
I tend to forget about the first part.
That is what I have been working on over the past year (and probably much longer, and will continue much longer)
Trusting Him.
Leaning on Him, instead of my own understanding and plan.
And giving Him the praise for all He has done and is doing.
How great it is to know that we only have to do those 3 simple things, and God is going to take care of us. 
What a powerful, mighty, and righteous God!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...