Monday, December 23, 2013

Youth Group Christmas

Last weekend we had the Christmas party for the youth group. 
We did it a little different than last year, and went with the idea of simplicity.
We started the night by caroling at the nursing home.
It was so sweet to see the faces of the residents, and watch them sing along with us.
Some of them even did a few "dance moves".
I took a video of the group singing, but unfortunately, my microphone was turned off.
Awesome.
After caroling, we went to see the Houston Zoo Lights.
We might have underestimated the amount of people that would be there with us.
We finally got in though, and the kids loved it!
There weren't too many animals still out, but I did see the cougar, some giraffes, and a zebra.
This zebra was my favorite of the night, but the peacock was pretty too.
We finished the night back at the church with a Dirty Santa gift exchange.
One thing I learned is vast differences in people's idea of "white elephant"
All the kids had a great time though, and everyone was happy in the end.
I walked away with 3 pairs of socks (that I loved) and Michael ended the game with a DVD of 
The Land Before Time (which he bought himself)
He was so excited!
It was a great night, and I was SO happy to not have to set up or take down decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...