Sunday, May 26, 2013

Simple Senior Gifts

A week ago, our church had what we call Senior Sunday.
Yes, it was on the same day as my graduation.
Yes, that does create a problem when your husband is the youth minister.
We won't talk about that though...
With Senior Sunday comes gifts for the seniors.
I have always had a hard time deciding what to get them.
Sure, gift cards are great, but they are so unoriginal.
And I don't want to be another person giving them a towel.
And then last year it came to me through Twitter.
One of the seniors tweeted that she wished someone had given her thank you cards for graduation.
And I made a mental note right then, that I was going to get them that.
It ended up being such a simple (and cheap!) gift.
I got everything at Dollar Tree, but I think that it still turned out really cute and useful.
I picked out a small plastic basket for each senior.
Put 2 packages of thank you cards, and a pack of pens, and then a personal card for each one.
So. Easy.
 I absolutely love them!
I haven't heard from any of the seniors whether they liked it or not, but I thought it was too good of an idea not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...