Wednesday, May 8, 2013

End of Internship

Today was my last day as a Graduate Student Intern.
I can't believe that it has already been 11 months at Shield Bearer.
I have loved every minute of working there.
It was absolutely the most perfect fit for me.
That doesn't mean it wasn't a challenge though.
I have grown so much in the past 11 months, in ways that I didn't even know I needed to grow.
I have been pushed, pulled, and stretched, but mostly I have been blessed.
The people I got to work with were a picture of Jesus.
They are love, encouragement, support, joy, patience, kindness, and hope.
The beautiful warriors at Shield Bearer
 And then there were my clients.
I can't even tell you the ways that they have touched my heart.
The girls struggling with cutting, the guys lost in their substances, the couples fighting for their marriages, and the parents striving to have a good relationship with their kids.
There was abandonment, bullies, abuse, miscarriages, depression, anxiety, rape, alcohol, anger, bipolar, addiction, trauma, divorce...
and the list could go on.
Today was actually the perfect ending because I spent all day writing case summaries.
Since this is a new requirement at Shield Bearer, I got to write them for ALL my clients.
It was kind of fun to be able to think back on the people that I have worked with.
To think about their struggles, their goals, and their triumphs.
I hope I never get too big of a case load that I can't slow down and remember each person that has trusted me with such a personal part of their lives.
I am forever grateful to these wonderful people for the way they showed me the grace, mercy, and power of the Lord,
because I know that I would not have survived this year without Him. 

Thank you to all of you who have prayed me through this final year of grad school.
I am so happy to be finished, and can't wait to celebrate my graduation with my family next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...