Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Past 7 Days

Remember how a little more than a week ago I told you that we were planning to move?
Well, we moved!
It has been one LONG week.
I'm exhausted.
But we are finished, and we are so happy!

It all started when Michael's parents got here last Thursday. (No, its not their fault - but kind of)
We were taking them to Target and saw a suspicious looking vehicle parked down our street, so we did what any normal person would do and we went to check it out.
When we drove past I saw a girl (I'm guessing prostitute and if you saw our area at night, you would too) putting her clothes back on.
Cool.
Cheryl had a small freak out and said she wanted us out of there ASAP!
So that night, around 11:30, we took the first load of our stuff over to the new house.

Sunday night, we were about to go to bed and Michael took Buster out to the bathroom. He went out the front which was weird because he always goes in the back. He came back in and said he saw a Cadillac sitting in front our our house with the lights off and two guys sitting inside.
If you were to see our neighbors down the street you would know that Cadillac = Gangsters.
I wish I were kidding.
I decided right then to pack ALL the rest of my things because it was going to be my last night at that house.
I was scared for my life, and tired of it.

Monday we moved the rest of our "small things" - tvs, tv stands, kitchen appliances, dishes, etc. - and we spent our first night in our new home!
Here is where we slept!Not the most comfortable night of my life, but totally worth it to get out of our old neighborhood.

Tuesday we decided to just call some movers and get our stuff out of there.
We have been working really hard to get everything put away and organized and I even have some DIY projects in store that I am really excited about.

Remember how I said there was one, small catch to living in this incredible house?
Well, as I write this post there are people looking at the house.
That was fast.
Is it bad to say I hope they don't like it??
The thing is, that we might want to buy it now.
It is so big.
It has been well taken care of over the years.
And it already feels like home.
We were a little possessive over someone else coming to look at it.
Bummer, I know.
I will keep you updated on the status of it all!

We don't have internet installed yet so blogging will probably be sporadic until next week.
To my 5 readers, I apologize for such a long hiatus, and I will try to be better!

Now I will leave you with a picture of our most recent purchase - our new refrigerator!It is being delivered on Saturday.
Hallelujah!

3 comments:

  1. There's already people looking at it?? Oh no! I'll hope for the best for you guys : ) Are you seriously thinking that you might offer to buy it though?

    Also, I think that you have more than five readers, but that did give me a good laugh.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be surprised if the "newly interested people" were part of one of Satan's schemes. Keep your heads focused on HIM and He'll take care of the rest -- house or no house. :)

    and seeing that picture of the "bed" makes me really appreciate receiving an air mattress as a wedding gift. Glad y'all are safe and I'll be thinking of y'all during this move. (or transition, because you guys already moved)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, thanks so much for the encouraging reminder! Satan has definitely been trying to steer us in the wrong direction lately with all the changes and transitions, but we know God is going to provide for us. If not this house, then He has something better planned.

    You are so lucky to get an airmattress! I don't know why we never even thought about asking for one or getting one ourselves! It would have been handy a few times now! Haha! I'm so excited for you and your upcoming wedding and will be praying for you during your time of transition too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...