Friday, August 5, 2011

A Little Down Time

Not much has been going on here this week.
Since I am finished with my summer class (yay!) we have had alot more time at home than we are used to...and its been wonderful!
Michael has been pretty busy this week with youth activities everyday.
I have been pretty busy cleaning house (it needed it so bad) and finally finishing setting things up in the new house.
Yes, we have lived here over 2 months.
No, I am still not finished putting everything where I want it to go.
Its a big house.
And a slow process for me.
I am proud to say that I finally finished the living room though!
In this post I was at a loss for what to do with our built-ins.
I spent alot of time working on them this week and I am pretty happy with them.
Plus, I didn't spend tons of money at Home Goods like I thought I was going to have to! 
Here's the before:
And After:
Can you even tell a difference?
Yeah, Michael couldn't either. 
It at least looks like organized chaos now, right?

Since I have had Tuesday and Thursday nights open, I was able to work on a craft last night.
I have been wanting to do something with the ugly, outdated clock that came in our kitchen.
Can you see it there right under the fan?
Well it was navy and gold and probably circa 1985.
It needed help.
I didn't want to buy a new one.
And it was cheap so I wasn't going to be mad if I ruined it.
Here's what it looks like after a little scrapbook paper and spray paint (which I already had, making this project FREE!)
At least a little bit cuter!
And it goes with the colors in the kitchen now.

Yesterday was my brother's anniversary and I didn't have time to post so...
Happy 4th Anniversary Ben and Tosha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...