Monday, August 29, 2011

Be Careful, These Are Addictive

One of my favorite things about being a youth minister's wife is providing snacks. 
I love finding new, tasty ideas and sharing them with all the teenagers.
And I REALLY love it when they love eating it!
Monday nights are Bible Study nights, which means I make a snack and tonight it was Oreo Balls.
I had planned to take pictures while I was making them to help with the recipe...
but I forgot.
Sorry!
Good thing you can all read!

First, you have to smash up an entire box of Oreos.
This is a great opportunity to get out any frustrations you might have.
I put the Oreos into a ziplock and hit them with a glass cup. 
Then, you take an 8oz block of original cream cheese and mix it all up in a big bowl.
I use my (clean) hands for this part.
Next, melt some bakers chocolate (I use milk chocolate and white chocolate) 
Roll a small spoonful of the Oreo mix into a ball
And then dip it in the chocolate.
Set the chocolate covered ball on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
Once you have covered all the balls, drizzle the opposite color of chocolate on them.
And you will end up with these!
Yum!
I keep mine in the refrigerator until I am ready to serve them.
I don't know why...I just like them cold. 
You have to be careful when eating them though because before you know it you look down and you've eaten half the batch. 
They are that good...and that addicting!

Special thanks to Claire Sawyer for passing this simple and delicious recipe on to me!

3 comments:

  1. The white ones are the best! Glad your a youth minister's wife! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We made a cake out of our Oreo truffles - aren't these so delish?! I thought the smashing was the best part, too :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...