Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Recent Real Life Happenings

I feel like my past few posts have all been Pinterst related and didn't really document any thing that has been going on in my life. 
What does that say about my life?
That I'm a little too addicted to Pinterest?
Probably.
Moving on.
For the 3 of you that are interested...Mom, Sister, Grandma...here is what we've been up to!

1) This past Sunday Michael had his School Year Youth Luncheon.
This is where he introduces the school year calendar, tells about each of the events he has planned, asks for volunteers, and shows the summer video.
Unfortunately, the summer video didn't work, but everything else went great!
Plus, Matt was here since Oklahoma Christian sponsored the lunch, and all the parents thought the whole luncheon was a great success.
Photo Matt took at the lunch

2) Also this past weekend was the Family Therapy Student Associations Kick-Off Party. 
Since I am the Vice President of FTSA this year, I was one of five people in charge of putting this together. 
Here are the other board members.
2011-2012 Board
Paige even had shirts made for all of us! 
And she gave us nicknames!
The party was a huge success and we had around 60-70 students, faculty and families come to the event!

3) I'm officially a member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy!
Well, a student member.
And, I'm going to the national conference in a month...in Dallas...and I'm so excited!

4) I was twins with a girl in the youth group tonight.
Not sure how I feel about it, but I don't hate it.
At least it wasn't the exact same shirt this time (Courtney Hutchins...that was embarrassing!)

5) Tomorrow I start my practicum!!
Which means that I will start seeing real clients tomorrow.
I'm so nervous - but mostly just excited!
I probably won't have a client tomorrow, since its the first day of class, but next week is a definite possibility.
Prayers are appreciated!
Prayers are also needed because starting tomorrow I will be in class from 10am to 9pm every Thursday.
I think it might kill me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...