Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fun with Fall

Last night Michael and I hosted a dinner for the young couples in our congregation.
We are so excited about the recent growth in this area of our church, and love spending time with this wonderful group of couples. 
Since we don't have many fun dinner parties at our home, I took this as an opportunity to use some of the ideas I have found on Pinterest lately. 
This year, I have decided to save on decorating time and pass by Halloween, which only lasts one month, and go with Fall, that lasts two months.
That's street smarts.
Or house smarts.
Something like that.
Anyways, first I made a wreath that I showed you all here.
Here are some other decorations that I added for the dinner.
Acorns from our front yard in a mason jar
Fall Candy!


Table, with scrapbook pages as placemats
This made our house smell SO GOOD!
 After everyone left and the party was over, I used the table decorations on our mantel. 
What can I say, I'm a recycler now.
It only took one strand of leaves, a few small pumpkins, and some acorns to make our house feel about 20 degrees cooler.
Now if only the weather would cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...