Friday, October 21, 2011

National Conference

It seems like forever ago that I went to Fort Worth for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy National Conference.
It was only a month, but it seems like last year.
I have been waiting to post about it until I got the pictures.
Since I didn't take the pictures, I had to wait a little longer than I usually like to.
But beggars can't be choosers.
So, without further ado, here they are!
 The girls in this photo are some of my best friends in the program with me.
We all stayed together for the weekend and I had such a blast with them!
We laughed so much, it was ridiculous.
And I am so glad that we were able to get to know each other better and become even better friends before 2 of them graduate in May :(
The guy on the left is one of our professors, and the one on the right is a 2nd year with us.
A big group of UHCL students outside one of the workshops at the conference.
My table at our program dinner at Esperanzas. 
My bill was less than $2.
Awesome!
FTSA Board 2011-2012!
We are pretty much rockstars and had the best booth at the showcase.
You can't even see our program poster, all the swag we gave out, or the video of our program.
It was seriously the best.
All us girls after dinner in downtown on the last night of the conference.

Other than just having a great time with the people in my program, I was able to learn so much at the conference. 
I went to so many incredible workshops, heard wonderful speakers, and came home with a better idea of what I want to do in my future.
The last day of the conference I went to a Premarital Counseling workshop and LOVED IT!
Completely!
I already told Michael that I get to do the premarital counseling with anyone that wants him to marry them.
 (That is the weirdest sounding sentence, but you know what I mean...I hope)
The conference also made me even more ready to finish school so I can start seeing real clients and doing what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...