Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th

Its here!
My favorite holiday!
The holiday full of friends, hot dogs, fresh fruit, swimming pools, grills, and fireworks.
What's not to love?
I love the Fourth of July!!
I always knew what to expect from the 4th when I lived in Enid.
Leonardo's 4th of July celebration in the morning
Swimming all afternoon at my parents' house.
Dad grilling some awesome food.
Grandpa giving us $60 to spend on fireworks (okay that only happened once, but it was awesome!)
Going to the Quail Meadows/Hillsdale/Enid fireworks shows.
Coming home and setting off our own for hours.
In Houston its a little different, but still wonderful.
Usually we spend the day with kids from the youth group.
We don't have a grill, but there is always some good food.
I don't know if Houston does a big fireworks show, I'm sure they do, but we haven't found it yet.
And we ALWAYS set off our own fireworks.
The favorites have been:
Sparklers - Duh
Roman Candles:
Pretty Smoke Bombs:
And Fire Balls: made out of the 500 extra sparklers from our wedding
I'm so excited for Monday!
I don't know what we will be doing yet, but I know it is going to be a great holiday!

Now, in the words of the Fresh Prince, I'm going to be "Chillin out max and relaxin by the pool"

Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm, thanks for this, Brittany. I read it half an hour ago and just caught myself singing the Fresh Prince theme song. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! If it makes you feel any better, it still hasn't left my brain since I wrote it! Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...