Thursday, July 28, 2011

Embarrassing

I forgot to mention that Michael and I played in the camp softball game at Bandina.
Its a yearly tradition - Counselors vs Road Runners and Johnston Girls (oldest boys and girls)
Michael had signed up to play, and so that meant I had to!
I was one of 3 girls on the team, but it was so much fun!
Michael surprised us all and was one of the few people that made it to 1st base!
He had a great hit right over 3rd base.
But he was thrown out after some confusion related to tagging up after a line-drive catch. :(
My moment of glory came in right field. 
Someone finally hit it to me in the last inning.
It was in the air so long I started to get nervous and ended up catching the ball like this.
Yes, that's correct. 
The ball is between my legs.
Awesome.
Still, the person was out and that's all that matters to me!
Our team got completely dominated by the campers, for the first time in at least 4 years.
I'm so glad that I decided to sign up and play though.
It was lots of fun.
(Lots of stress and pressure since I was clean-up batter)
But still fun.
And I got to spend time with and get to know my new friend Meagan, and I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...