Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fall Crafts

I don't know what it is about fall that always brings out the crafter in me.
The past two years I have made wreaths.
 ^^ 2011 Wreath
^^ 2012 wreath
This year, I decided to do something different.
Mostly because I don't have anymore fall months that need a wreath for the door.
I had seen this idea on Pinterest, but can't find it to connect the original link,
so just know that some other blogger thought of this - not me.
As usual.
I'm an excellent copy cat!
First, I glittered up a bunch of clothes pins.
I used the same method as earlier this summer on my heels found here.
Its very simple. 
Just mix mod podge with fine glitter (I used Martha Stewart's) and paint it on one side of the pin.
I used 2 coats, because after 1 the wood still came through and I wanted it to be all glitter
Next, I hung some twine on the mantle. 
A good friend of mine used her Cricut to cut a bunch of fall leaves for me.
^^ A better picture of the clothes pin
What's the point of all these paper leaves??
During Bible Study each Tuesday in November, the kids are going to write something they are thankful for on a leaf. 
By the end of the month our garland will be covered in leaves.
I was really excited about the idea, and fully anticipated the kids thinking it was lame,
but they were super sweet and acted excited about going along with it.
They really are the best!
 ^^ The finished Fall mantle, but the leaves hadn't been written on when I took the picture.

My other little project is something I have been wanting to do for a long time.
We got our lamps for very cheap when me moved in an apartment with no overhead lights.
I have hated them the entire time.
They are plain, and white, and just not attractive, so I gave them a little makeover.
Much better!
The only problem is that the burlap really limits the amount of light they produce.
They look great in the daytime though!
There you have them, my Fall Crafts for this year.
I love them, and they have helped me to not skip right over to Christmas - like I really want to.
Happy Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...