Friday, November 9, 2012

Words of Encouragement

Day 8: I am thankful for the kind words that some of my clients said to me. 
Working as a therapist, or counselor as many prefer to call it, can sometimes be a thankless job.
However, no one I know got into this field to be thanked.
We do it because it brings us joy and blessings, even without thanks.
Thursday I was given many thanks from my clients during the day.
One came from the sweetest, most encouraging message from a client I haven't seen in 2 months.
Another came from a crying, single mother, who was so happy to see her daughter smile.
And another came from a little girl, who gave me 3 hugs before she left.
These are rare jewels in the therapy field, so I know not to take them lightly.
I'm so thankful that God placed me in these peoples' lives, and that He knew exactly what I needed yesterday. It is only through Him that I have the wisdom to help them with whatever they are going through, and I give Him all the glory.

Day 9: I'm thankful for my parents
I'm thankful for the way that they raised me, the values they instilled in me, the faith that they taught me, the opportunities they gave me, and the woman they made me. 
As I was browsing through the Hobby Lobby Christmas decor (our 3rd Christmas store of the day) I caught myself thinking the exact phrase that I always here my Mom say:
"Well, that is too bright of a green."
"That is not the right color of red, it is too dark."
This is just one way that I am just like her - which is apparently just like her mom.
 *Sneak peak of what I bought today.
I'm so excited for the Holiday Season!
As for my Dad, I always know that anytime I have a question or a problem, I can call him and he will have the answer. 
Whether spiritually, financially, or politically - He knows it all.
This is one way that I am like him - because I know it all too. ;)
I am so thankful for you guys, and I'm sorry if I don't say it enough!
I love you guys!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...