Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Give Blood

Sunday was a big day for me
I gave blood for my first time ever.
I was completely terrified.
Actually, I've been completely terrified my whole life.
After I turned 18 (or whatever age you have to be to give) I just told people that I was anemic.
I hate needles, and blood, and it was easier that way.

The church we are at now does a blood drive every six months. 
Part of the reason is that one of the members at our church
(and a great friend of mine)
is alive because of donated blood that was given to her in a time of need.
After hearing her story, I decided that I was going to give.
And that Michael was going to give too.

It was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.
The people were very nice, and pretty good with needles.
Unfortunately for Michael, he watched my bag fill up before they started his, 
so he was a little panicky. 
We survived though!
 Michael was busy all day so I didn't get a picture of him.

Because we signed up as digital donors, we found out our wellness report and our blood type.
I am A positive, and Michael is O positive.
He is the universal donor. 
Which means that he is going to be hounded by the donation center forever.
I'm a good wife though, and I promised to give every time that he does.
Even if it makes me dizzy and lightheaded.
Anyone that can, should give blood. 
So sign up and give today!!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you both. Dad is A positive and I am O positive, so I used to get called a lot. Since I am now diabetic, I have heard that they don't really want my "extra sweet" blood. Dad can't give either because he had hepatitis one time, so you and Mikey will have to give for us now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...