Sunday, August 26, 2012

Creativity Frustrating

When I started this blog, I had a vision of keeping up with it, 
and compiling it into a book each year.
This was going to take the place of my scrapbooks that I made the first couple years that Michael and I were married. 
This has been much more of a challenge than I thought it would be.
There are a couple websites I know of that can do this for you.
One, is Blog2Print.
This site is amazing.
You can import your blog address, and set the dates you want to print.
And voila - it's a book.
However, it does throw off your pictures-post ratio, among other things.
And being the perfectionist that I am...I just could take it.

The second option that I am a aware of is Blurb.
This one is definitely not as simple, but is much more customizable.
It is also fairly user-friendly.
This is the option I chose.
 The good news: My blog book will look exactly how I want it to.
The bad news: I have to make each page from scratch.
Yeeeaaahhhhh.
It is not awesome.
Especially considering the fact that from 2011 I have 119 posts to capture in the book.
Its a good thing I don't have classes this semester.
I am slowly making my way through, and so far I am extremely happy with the results!

In other creative news: Today was the School Year Kick-off Luncheon which means,
I finally got to show the summer video that I have been working on!
Click here to watch the video on youtube.
 It's pretty good, if I do say so myself ;) and I'm pretty proud of it.

Lastly, Michael and I were overwhelmed at the showering of appreciation that the parents poured on us at the lunch today.
We are so blessed to call JV our home, 
and even more blessed to have the support from parents that we do. 
God has richly blessed us, and we are humbled!

 

2 comments:

  1. No way! You can make a blog into a scrapbook?! Genius! I have all sorts of stuff that I've kept to make a scrapbook of Jon and I's dating life.. ha! We'll see when that happens.. Clearly I just needed to be blogging!

    Also, the video is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try thecutestblogontheblock.com for your blog books. It doesn't put the pictures right with the text...but you might want to just look at it. It's the only one I've done, but Cindy & Chris (for me) both tried a different program (I think it was Blurb) and they said this way is much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...