Friday, October 25, 2013

Keeping Up With the Johns

Last weekend we were so happy to have Michael's parents in town for a visit.
It has been almost 2 years since they have been able to come to Houston, so we were pretty excited.
They arrived on Thursday, and as soon as I got off work we all went to dinner.
My mother-in-law waited a whole hour before asking when we were going to have babies,
so that was progress!
On Friday we got up and went to a Holiday Market at a church close to us.
After spending quite a bit of time...and money...there we headed down to the Galleria.
We had dinner reservations later in the evening, but decided to take Steve and Cheryl to the Houston Water Wall.
^^ Michael and Steve checking it out
^^ My guy and me
After killing some time at the Galleria mall, it was time for dinner.
Cheryl made reservations for us at Maggianos to celebrate my graduation, and I was super excited!
I have been wanting to try this place for a long time, and I've never eaten Italian food that I didn't like, so I knew it would be delicious!
They even give you a meal to take home with every entree that you buy.
It was awesome!
On Saturday we decided to go to the Woodlands to walk around down by the river. 
The weather was absolutely gorgeous which was a pleasant surprise!
*Last time Steve and Cheryl came during Fall Break, Steve packed for Oklahoma weather and was sweating it out in long sleeves and sweaters.
This time we needed the sweaters.
Kind of. ;)
^^ We spent time walking by the river, and looking in the shops.
We even found the perfect little English Bulldog for Cheryl.
We ended the day with a yummy dinner at Pappadeaux.
I even enjoyed my second lobster tail ever...and it was delicious!

We had such a great time spending the weekend with Michael's parents.
We are always so thankful when family and friends come to visit us,
because we know how long the trip can be, and we appreciate every minute that we have with them!
Houston is great for family visits because there is always something new to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...