Monday, February 11, 2013

Showing Appreciation

This past Saturday the youth group put on an Appreciation Lunch for all the Elders, Deacons, Ministry Leaders and their families.
As with any event like this, my main focus was the decorations.
Myself and one of the Senior girls came up with the theme, 
and then a small group of girls helped me to put it all together on Friday night.
Since it is so close to Valentine's Day, we wanted to incorporate hearts,
but wanted to avoid the lovey-dovey sweetheart theme that we did last year in this post.
So I came up with a conversation heart theme.
1) Because I am obsessed with them.
And by obsessed I mean I have probably eaten 5 bags if not more of them this year alone.
and 2) because they say "Valentine Friends" to me.
I was very happy with how it all turned out!
The lunch was a huge success as well.
We had a catered meal that was served by our teens,
and then each teen spoke about one of the families that was in attendance to thank them for their work and service to the church and our Lord.
They all did such a wonderful job, even if they were nervous to speak in front of everyone.
It did get a little awkward when the adults started appreciating myself and Michael, because that was not the purpose of the luncheon at all, but their words were kind and appreciated nonetheless.
We are so thankful to the many leaders that serve our church,
and give of their time and energy to help share Christ with our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...