Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Grandpa Baird

Last weekend, I drove to Oklahoma to celebrate one of my very favorite people.
My Grandpa.
He is turning 80 this month, so all of my Dad's side got 
together to celebrate over the weekend.
We have not all been together since Michael and I got married.
I don't have the group picture, but here are all the cousins 
with Grandma and Grandpa Baird
I had so much fun seeing everyone and catching up.
We watched really old home movies
(like, movies of my Dad as a baby)
Ate yummy BBQ and cobbler.
And had a small worship-type service.
My Grandpa has dedicated his entire life to ministry through mission work in Norway, 
to 30+ years of preaching, so this was perfect for him.
It was really neat to be able to have all our family together
worshiping and giving thanks for an incredible man.
Singing Happy Birthday to Grandpa
Grandpa, his kids, and their cousins
4 Generations of Baird men
Baird (and Wheat) girls
Sweet new friends
My grandparents are amazing examples of a Christian couple, 
and parents, and grandparents, and great grandparents.
Michael and I have learned so much from them, 
and hope that we can be half as effective in ministry as they have in their lives.

Happy 80th Birthday Grandpa!!
I love you, and am so thankful for your influence in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! And loved seeing all of you!! I'm going to go steal these pictures now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was so great to see you and your sweet boy!! (And Sam too, of course)Lets do it again soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...