Monday, May 21, 2012

Tea Time

This past weekend was what I refer to as Senior Weekend.
Yesterday we honored the graduating seniors at church, 
and on Saturday I invited all the Junior and Senior girls and their mothers over for tea.
This was my first time to host an party like this, 
but I think it is easily going to become an annual event.
I spent all week setting up, and decorating,
and I have to say that I was more than pleased with the outcome.
Actually, I was in love with the outcome.
I could not have hosted this tea party without help from SO many people.
All the food (except the muffins) was prepared by the Ladies Bible Class at church,
and all the hats came from my best friend Sarah and her mother.
The tea kettles, and some of the cups were provided by a sweet lady at church,
and most of the table decorations came from the shower closet at church.
And lastly, I could not have done it without these two wonderful women.
 They spoke to the Mothers and Daughters and delivered a great message about the importance of that relationship, and how to keep it strong while separated from each other during college.
The party was a huge success, and I am already looking forward to the next one!
Enjoying the tea and brunch
Mother Daughter (Newlywed) Game
All the tea party guests
 Lastly, here is a picture of me at the tea party.
(Mostly for my Mom!)
*Ideas for tea party pretty much all inspired by Pinterest.
You could call them 'Pinspired'
What did we do before that glorious site?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great idea and such a special time for those mothers and daughters. You and Michael are doing such important work at JVCOC. Glad my special Easter hat got to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I didn't realize it was at your house.. You really did a great job with it! I agree with Mom, you guys seem to be doing so well there! I feel like I'm constantly impressed by the things you and Mike come up with for the youth and all of the hard work you put into it! You're such a perfect little (youth) minister's wife!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...