Monday, September 17, 2012

OC Alumni

Yesterday was a very busy day for us.
First, it was my Dad's birthday!
We didn't get to see him, and barely got to talk to him, but we were celebrating with him in spirit!
We love you Dad!

It was also a very OC type of day.
We had Dr. Alan Martin, the Dean of Biblical Studies, leading our church's Family Enrichment Seminar this weekend.
He did such an excellent job, and we learned so much!
Of course, we can only apply the parenting ideas to Buster right now, 
but it was still very enlightening and helpful. 

Lastly, we went to the Meet the President event at Memorial yesterday afternoon.
Of course, we have already met the President...
(He was Michael's boss when he worked in Advancement, and I was his student worker my last 1.5 years at OC)
and we could not be happier about his new position at OC!
He is going to do a great job, and we know that OC is in good hands!
We also got these new t-shirts at the event.
 I never considered myself a Texan.
And I really don't know if I can, but I'm always up for a free t-shirt!
We also love when we get to go to Memorial for an event.
Whether its an OC event, or a youth event, or a church service - Memorial was our first home here in Houston, and all the people there have a special place in our hearts.
It was nice to be able to catch up with a few people while we were there.

It was a long, crazy, wonderful day, that would have been perfect if I were not in 4 inch heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...