Sunday, February 16, 2014

9th Valentine's Day

Last Friday was my 9th Valentine's Day with Michael.
I can't believe that we have been valentines for almost a decade.
Where does the time go?
In that time, we have gone back and forth between being really into the holiday, and not giving it much thought (or money) into the holiday.
This year was one of those low key years.
Michael and I had talked and decided not to spend money on each other this year,
and we ended up having the same idea:
DIY Valentine Cards
^^ Michael's poster/card
 ^^ Front of my card to Michael
^^ Back of my card.
Of course, I wrote inside the heart before I gave it to him,
but you guys don't want to read that mushy stuff.

Friday was kind of a crazy day for both of us.
I spent the morning packing, and then a few hours at work.
Michael was taking Buster to Petsmart for the weekend.
Buster just loves the Pet Hotel, and playing with all the other puppies.
We met up again in time to get to the church, pack of the bus, and head to Dallas for the T3 Conference with the youth group.
Our Valentines Date ended up being a 20 minute stop at Texas Burger...
with all the kids that we brought with us.
 Some wives might have been upset about this.
And lets be honest, I have been upset about this kind of thing in the past,
but this year, there really was no where else I'd rather be.
It didn't matter to me that it wasn't a candlelight dinner, or a romantic restaurant, or that Michael's attention wasn't focused on me.
We were doing what he loves, and I love that!
So I guess that's what happens when you've been together for almost a decade,
but it was one of the best Valentine's Days we have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...